WA529 First Annual "What is your dream job?" Art Contest
Enter to Win an iPad Air, Chromebook Spin or a Surface Go!
This contest is closed.
Judging is complete and the winners have been notified. Thank you to every student who participated!
To view winning entries, please visit our winners gallery!
Do you like to paint, draw, or watercolor? How about creating a collage, working with clay, or creating digital art? Explore your creative side, and submit original art displaying a dream job or career that you think might be in your future.
Judges will select their top three art entries from each of the four Grade Level categories: K-2nd, 3rd–5th, 6th–8th & 9th–12th. Entries will be judged based on the student's creativity, vision, topic interpretation, and unique style.
A total of twelve (12) students will win their choice of an iPad Air, a Chromebook Spin or a Surface Go!
Additionally, the three schools with the most entries will receive a $500 Amazon gift card for their library!
How to Enter (Requirements)
Print Entry Form
Create an art masterpiece of your dream job
Complete an entry form
Accepted Medium Choices
- Drawings: pencil, ink, crayon, marker, pastel, charcoal
- Paint: watercolor, acrylic, oil, tempera
- Digital: computer-generated art (non-motion)
- Mixed Media: mod-podge collages, medium combinations like pencil/paint or crayon/paint, etc.
- 3D: sculpture, mosaic, stained glass, wood, sewing, etc.
- Update for Medium Choices:
Photo art is accepted as long as images reveal a dream job, are photographed by the student and final art includes WA529 or Washington College Savings Plans on the final submission. Computer generated images must also be created by the student.
3D Printing is accepted as long as the creation reveals a dream job and the student creates every aspect (including coding). 3D art must also include WA529 or Washington College Savings Plans on the art. Please submit quality 2D images of your 3D creation with your entry form.
How to Submit Art
As of May 25, we are no longer accepting submissions.
WA529 Art Contest
P.O. Box 43450
Olympia, WA 98504-3450
As of May 25, we are no longer accepting submissions.
|Olivia - Kindergarten||Brynley - Kindergarten||Vara - 7th Grade||Alivia - 9th Grade||Lynn - 9th Grade|
READ OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE SIGNING ENTRY FORM
WA529 “What is your dream job?” Art Contest
National 529 Day Promotion
ART CONTEST INFORMATION
Did you know Washington College Savings plans (WA529) has been helping families save for higher education since 1998? To celebrate National 529 Day, on May 29th, WA529 is offering an exciting opportunity for all K-12 Students in Washington State to creatively “tell us” What you want to do when you grow up by entering our first Annual WA529 Art Contest.
WA529’s mascot, Hootie the Owl is “opening a gallery” for students to showcase their dreams! Do you like to paint, draw, or watercolor? How about create a collage, work with clay, or create digital art? Here is your chance to explore your creative side. Participate in our art contest for an opportunity to win an iPad Air, a Chromebook Spin, or a MS Surface Go. Enter our contest for an opportunity to see your art displayed and potentially take home a cool prize! Added Bonus: Three Schools with the most entries will win a $500 Amazon gift card for their school Library!
Art must be created 100% by the student, be original in concept and design and meet all requirements. Entries that do not meet requirements listed above or that are in violation of U.S. Copyright and Plagiarism laws will not be eligible. By submitting an entry in the WA529 Art Contest, the student artist and the student’s guardian confirms that: 1. The student is the original artist of the submitted artwork; 2. The student is in possession of and retains all rights associated with ownership of the art, including the authority and right to enter the artwork into the WA529 Art Contest; 3. The student’s art does not contain material that is defamatory, offensive, or indecent. 4. The student’s art does not include work produced by others and does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, privacy, or publicity rights; and 5. The student’s art is not subject to a prior agreement that would limit the scope of the permissions granted by the student or the student’s guardian.
Students who submit artwork will retain intellectual property rights they have in their works, including copyright. For example, you have the right to use the same work you entered in the WA529 Art contest for other contests or scholarship opportunities. While the student retains intellectual property rights, by submitting art to the WA529 Art Contest, you are agreeing to allow WA529 to use your art submission royalty free and without limitations for advertising purposes of Washington College Savings Plans. You also give WA529 permission to use your photograph, name, art, and art description to use for display and promoting the award process, higher education, or WA529 College Savings Plans.
WA529’s first Annual Art Contest promotion will take place from Friday, April 15, 2022, until Wednesday May 25, 2022, at 5:00 pm (PDT). To be eligible, entrant must be a Washington resident and currently attending a public, private, or home school in grades K-12. One entry per student. Entries received after 5:00 pm (PDT) on Wednesday May 25, 2022, will not be considered unless it is postmarked by May 25, 2022, and received no later than Monday May 30th, please allow enough time for delivery. Winners will be determined through an impartial judging process as determined by the program. Judges will only have access to art by age group and will not have knowledge of student details during the judging process. Students may only be a winner one time. The selected winners will be notified through the contact information provided at the time of entry on or before June 3, 2022. UPDATE: The announcement of winners may be delayed as much as 30 days, due to the overwhelming number of entries received. Winners will have twenty (20) business days to claim their prize. If prizes are not claimed by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 1, 2022, winners automatically forfeit the right to claim prizes. In the event of an unclaimed prize, substitute winners may be selected for this promotion as determined by the program. Washington Student Achievement Council employees and their families are not eligible to participate in this promotion. For full details read the Official Rules below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This promotion is open to all legal residents of Washington State who are enrolled in public, private, or homeschool for grades K-12 as of the date of entry. One entry per student. Employees of Washington Student Achievement Council, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the promotion. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (including copyright and plagiarism laws). The contest is void where prohibited by law.
2 Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Washington Student Achievement Council as final and binding as it relates to the content of this promotion/contest.
3. Promotion Period: Entries will be accepted starting on April 15, 2022 and ending at 5:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on May 25, 2022. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM (PDT) on May 25, 2022.
4. How to Enter: Using one or more of the Accepted Medium Choices listed, create your own masterpiece showcasing what your dream is after high school. Print a downloadable entry form at 529.wa.gov/art-contest. Entry must be original art created by student, showing what they imagine their future career to be or an idea they have for a possible job they might enjoy. Art submissions can be created as 2D or 3D creations. ALL entries must be submitted in 2D format on an 8.5 x 11 paper. Students can create the art on their own 8.5 x 11 sized paper, cardstock, canvas, etc. 3D creations must be quality images of original art created by the student. Winning art will be printed on 8x10 photopaper for display/gallery. Art MUST include the words “Washington College Savings Plans” or “WA529” on the art. Students name and information must NOT be directly on the art (for judging purposes). Student’s name and grade level must be printed on back of the submission. Students may provide a title and/or short description of their art in the space provided on the entry form.
5. Accepted art forms: Drawings, Paint, Digital/computer-generated art (non-motion), Mixed Media, and 2D & 3D art (submit quality photo of 3D art). Entry Form Entries MUST complete ALL boxes on the entry form including school district, name of school, student name and grade level, parent’s name, address, phone, email, and signatures of both student and the parent/guardian. Typing names in signature boxes is accepted for electronic entries. (Contact information will be used to contact winners to award prizes.) Entries without a completed, signed entry form will be ineligible. Update for Medium choices: Photo art is accepted as long as images are photographed by the student and final art includes the WA529 requirements.
6. How to Win: Submit art with completed entry form to WA529 Art Contest through one of the following methods:
1) At 529.wa.gov/art-contest, 2) Email: WA529Communications@wsac.wa.gov, 3) USPS Mail: WA529 Art Contest, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450 (WA529/WSAC staff work remotely due to Covid-19 safety protocols and cannot accept UPS or FedEx at this time). Winning art will be chosen by a group of impartial judges selected by the WA529 Marketing team. Judges will be asked to vote on their top three choices in each age group, based on the student’s creativity, personal vision or reflection, and unique style. 12 Winners will be notified by the contact information provided at the time of entry. Full name, grade, parents name, mailing address, phone number and preferred email is required at the time of entry, and will be used for the purpose of contacting winners and awarding prizes. Winner notifications will be sent during business hours on or before June 3, 2022. Art with the most votes in each age group will be selected. Good Luck! Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to 3 winners from each of the (4) Grade Level Groups will be awarded prizes (12 total prizes awarded). (4) Grade Level Group categories: K - 2nd, 3rd – 5th, 6th – 8th, and 9th – 12th. Each winner will have the opportunity to choose one of the following: an iPad Air, a Chromebook Spin, or a Surface Go. Additional Notes: All entries must be original in concept and design. Art must be created 100% by the student and meet all the requirements above. Entries that do not meet requirements listed above or that are in violation of U.S. Copyright and Plagiarism laws will not be eligible. Students who submit artwork will retain intellectual property rights they have in their works, including copyright. This means, for example, you can submit the same work you entered in the WA529 Art contest for other contest or scholarship opportunities. While the student retains intellectual property rights, by submitting art to the WA529 Art Contest, you are agreeing to allow WA529 to use your art submission royalty free and without limitations for promotional and advertising purposes of Washington College Savings Plans. You give WA529 permission to use your photograph, name, art and description for display, advertising, and promoting the award process and WA529 Programs. Additionally, three (3) schools with the highest number of entries will win a $500 Amazon gift card for their school library.
Disclaimer Information: WA529’s first Annual Art Contest promotion will run from Friday, April 15, 2022, until Wednesday May 25, 2022, at 5:00 pm (PDT). To be eligible, entrant must be a Washington resident and attending a public, private, or homeschool in grades K-12. Only one entry per student. Entries received after 5:00 pm (PDT) on Wednesday May 25, 2022, will not be considered. Winners will be determined through an impartial judging process as determined by the program. Judges will only have access to art by grade level group and will not have knowledge of student details during the judging process. Students may only be a winner one time. The selected winners will be notified through the contact information provided at the time of entry. Winners will have twenty (20) business days to claim their prize. If prizes are not claimed by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 1, 2022, winners automatically forfeit the right to claim prizes. In the event of an unclaimed prize, substitute winners may be selected for this promotion as determined by the program. Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) employees and their families are not eligible to participate in this promotion
7. Alternate means of entry: send a postcard requesting a paper copy of the form with your name, address, phone number and email address to Washington Student Achievement Council, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. The entry must fulfill all promotion requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of WSAC.
8. Prizes: Each Contest Winner of the 2022 WA529 Art Contest will choose 1 of 3 prize options, valued at approximately $750. Actual appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Washington Student Achievement Council. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Washington Student Achievement Council’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. None of these products require a paid subscription service for basic use, but are compatible with subscription based services such as Adobe Cloud and Microsoft Office (not included with these devices). No substitution or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Washington Student Achievement Council to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of displaying winning art, advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, three (3) schools with the highest number of entries will win a $500 Amazon gift card for their school library.
9. Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during WA529’s 2022 Annual Art Contest dates.
10. Winner Selection and Notification: Three art submissions in each grade level category with the highest number of votes given by a panel of impartial judges selected by WA529 Marketing team, under the supervision of Washington Student Achievement Council. Winners will be notified by the contact information (provided by you at the time of entry) on or before 5:00 PM (PST), June 3, 2022. Washington Student Achievement Council shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 20 business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this promotion is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT WASHINGTON STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT COUNCIL’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN (promotion or contest), AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
11. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (art submissions), You understand and agree that Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC), anyone acting on behalf of WSAC, and Washington Student Achievement Council’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Washington Student Achievement Council, If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Washington Student Achievement Council from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Washington Student Achievement Council may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of a third party’s right.
12. Terms & Conditions: Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Washington Student Achievement Council’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, WSAC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Washington Student Achievement Council. WSAC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. WSAC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the promotion, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by promotion rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Washington Student Achievement Council reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Washington Student Achievement Council and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
14. Disputes: THIS promotion IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington state having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion). Participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
16. Winners List: To obtain a copy of Winners’ names or these Official Rules, mail your request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Washington Student Achievement Council, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Requests must be received before June 30, 2022.
17. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Washington Student Achievement Council PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450.
18. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.: The Promotion/Contest hosted by Washington Student Achievement Council is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Apple, Microsoft, or Amazon.
Resources to Help Plan Your Student's Future
- 529 Basics
- How GET Works
- How DreamAhead Works
- Compare WA529 Savings Plans
- WA529 Webinars
- College & Career Planning