(May 1-29, 2021)-*This promotion is now CLOSED* Thank you for playing Hide-and-Seek with Hootie! If you were one of the first 10 participants who identified locations for all 7 books that were hidden on the WA529 website, you will be notified soon! Be sure to check your email if you found all 7 books!
Washington’s 529 Day 2021 Promotion
Remember playing Hide-and-Seek? Play a Virtual Game of Hide-and-Seek and Look for Books with Hootie!
Did you know May 29 (5-29) is National 529 College Savings Day? Washington College Savings plans (WA529) has been helping families save since 1998! As our daily lives continue in a largely remote environment, WA529 is continuing to bring creative virtual opportunities to connect with Washington families. To celebrate National 529 Day, WA529 is offering a Virtual Hide-and-Seek, Look for Books with Hootie promotion. Participate in this virtual challenge for an opportunity to win an educational prize package valued between $100 and $150! Hootie the owl has cleverly hidden 5 to 9 books on the WA529 website at wastate529.wa.gov. Can you find them all? Be one of the first 10 entries to find all the hidden books for an opportunity to win! Prize packages will be awarded to the first 10 participants who provide correct locations for all the Hide-and-Seek books. Read Official Rules and Regulations, how to enter and claim prize packages below:
HOW TO ENTER
1. Search the WA529 website for 5 to 9 Books that Hootie hid on our webpages!
Hootie will be there to let you know when you find a book! (Here is an example of the books you need to find – this one does not count!!)
2. Note all webpages where you found a book and list them in the online entry form.
For example, if you find a book on our WA529 Knowledge Café page, list the webpage title in question #2 of the online form. You will need to find and list a minimum of five webpage titles before you submit your survey answers. Don’t forget, there may be as little as five books hidden and there will not be more than nine! (Webpage titles are marked on each webpage in a gray, blue or green box as seen here)
3. Submit your completed online entry form, including your name and contact information.
(Contact information will be used solely for contacting winners and award prizes)
HOW TO WIN
The first ten (10) participants to find all the books and list all the correct webpage locations on the entry form will win one of 10 educational prize packages. Winners will be notified by the email provided at the time of entry. Full name, mailing address, phone number and preferred email is required at the time of entry, and will be used solely for the purpose of contacting winners and awarding prizes. Winner notifications will be sent by 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday, June 1. Forms completed and submitted will be scored in the order they are received. Only the first 10 entries with the correct number of books and their corresponding locations on the WA529 website will be considered for prize packages. Have Fun and Good Luck!
Prizes will vary depending on product availability at the time of purchase. Prize packages will include items like: educational books, toys, gifts and cool gadgets for the age group selected by the winner. Prizes packages will be valued between $100 and $150. Age group categories are as follows: Birth-5 years, 5-10 years, 10-15 years, 15 & up.
May 1 – 29, 2021. Entries must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT) on May 29, 2021.
WA529’s Hide-and-Seek, Look for Books with Hootie promotion will take place from Saturday, May 1, 2021 until Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 5:00 pm (PDT). Each participant must be 18 years or older to win. Only one entry per household. Entries received after 5:00 pm (PDT) on Saturday, May 29, 2021 will not be considered. Winners will be determined from the first 10 entries who submit correct answers through the form provided. You may only be a winner one time. The selected winners will be notified through the email provided at the time of entry. Winners will have thirty (30) days to claim their prize. If prizes are not claimed by 5:00 pm, Wednesday, June 30, winners forfeit the right to claim prizes. In the event of an unclaimed prize, substitute winners will not be selected for this promotion. Washington Student Achievement Council employees and their families are not eligible to participate in this promotion. For full details read the Official Rules below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. One entry per household. The promotion is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Washington Student Achievement Council, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the promotion. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Washington Student Achievement Council as final and binding as it relates to the content of this promotion.
3. Promotion Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 1, 2021 and ending at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time on May 29, 2021. All online entries must be received by 5:00 pm (PDT) on May 29, 2021.
4. How to Enter: The Promotion must be entered by completing the virtual WA529 Hide-and-Seek, Look for Books with Hootie entry form with correct answers to the questions provided, including all locations of hidden images listed in question #2. Entry process: 1. Search the WA529 website (wastate529.wa.gov) for images of Hootie the Owl with financial literacy children’s books (example shown above in Promotion details). A minimum of five and a maximum of nine book images will be hidden. 2. List the webpage locations of all the 5 to 9 Hide-and-Seek images into the official online entry form.(click on this link after you find all the books) 3. Submit completed entry form. The first ten (10) participants to correctly find, answer and submit the entry form will be named as winners for one of the 10 prize packages being awarded. Full names, mailing addresses and preferred emails are required at the time of entry, to be used solely for the purpose of contacting winners and awarding prizes.
Alternate means of entry: send a postcard requesting a paper copy of the form with your name, address, phone number and email address to Washington Student Achievement Council, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. The entry must fulfill all promotion requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Washington Student Achievement Council.
5. Prizes: Each Winner of the promotion (the “Winner”) will receive one educational prize package valued between $100 and $150. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Washington Student Achievement Council. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Washington Student Achievement Council’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Washington Student Achievement Council to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received with correct answers to the virtual challenge presented.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The first 10 entries who accurately locate the correct number of promotional book/images on the WA529 website and list all corresponding locations within the form provided will be named Winners under the supervision of Washington Student Achievement Council. Winners will be notified by email or phone (provided by you at the time of entry) within five (5) days following selection of the Winners. Washington Student Achievement Council shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this promotion is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT WASHINGTON STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT COUNCIL’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN (promotion), AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Washington Student Achievement Council, anyone acting on behalf of Washington Student Achievement Council, and Washington Student Achievement Council’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Washington Student Achievement Council, If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Washington Student Achievement Council from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Washington Student Achievement Council may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of a third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Washington Student Achievement Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Washington Student Achievement Council’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Washington Student Achievement Council may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Washington Student Achievement Council. Washington Student Achievement Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Washington Student Achievement Council has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the promotion, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by promotion rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Washington Student Achievement Council reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Washington Student Achievement Council and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS promotion IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington state having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Washington Student Achievement Council, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Requests must be received before June 30, 2021, at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Washington Student Achievement Council PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450.
15. Facebook: The Promotion hosted by Washington Student Achievement Council is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.