2020-21 Enrollment is closed. Enroll November 1 - May 31. Newborn enrollment is year-round.
Choose Your Plan
1) Lump Sum Plan (pay as you go)
- Add units whenever you want and contribute any amount of money you choose (even partial units).
- The minimum to start is 1 unit and the lifetime maximum per child is 800 units.*
- Pay the unit price in effect at the time we receive your payment. The unit price is set annually, and may also be adjusted once annually if needed. The last day to purchase units at the $133 unit price for 2020-21 enrollment was June 25, 2021*. The new unit price for the 2021-22 enrollment period will be announced in the Fall.
*The 2020-21 unit price will be adjusted when Senate Bill 5430 officially takes effect. See what SB5430 is about.
2) Custom Monthly Plan (fixed monthly payments)
- Make monthly payments that stay the same throughout the term of your contract.
- The minimum contract is 50 units and the maximum is 800 units per child.*
- Lock in the current unit price. Your contract includes a 5.5 percent finance charge.**
3) Combination of Custom Monthly and Lump Sum
- Start a Custom Monthly Plan and add Lump Sum units at any time.
- When you make your payment, tell us whether to apply the money to your Custom Monthly payments or a Lump Sum purchase.
- You can also add a Custom Monthly Plan to an existing Lump Sum account during the regular enrollment period.
Choose Your Payment Method
1) Set up payroll deduction
- Money is deducted from your paycheck and deposited into your GET account.
- If your employer already participates in GET payroll deduction, simply complete the Payroll Deduction Authorization form.
- To see if your employer participates in GET Payroll Deduction, refer to the list of participating employers at the bottom of our Payroll Deduction page.
- If your employer doesn't yet participate, encourage your payroll department to begin offering this service. It’s quick, easy and free for them to set up. You can also share your payroll office’s contact information with us, and we can get in contact with them.
2) Set up automatic bank withdrawal (ACH)
- Money is withdrawn automatically from your bank account in one of two ways:
- One time on the day after you initiate the payment; or
- On a recurring basis on the 15th day of each month and deposited into your GET account.
- Please note that providing incorrect bank information may result in a $25 Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fee.
- You can initiate automatic withdrawals during the enrollment process.
- Once your GET enrollment is complete, you can set up and modify automatic withdrawals by logging in to your GET account and choosing “Payment Options” or by completing the Automatic Withdrawal Authorization form.
3) Set up a bill payment
- You can set up a bill payment with your own bank. This will allow you to pick the date you would like the payment sent to us. Most banks will send us a physical check so please allow a few extra days for the payment to reach us.
4) Mail your payment
- Send us a check or money order by mail (Custom Monthly payments must be received by the 15th of the month). Make checks payable to GET and include your account number in the memo line.
- We will send you a book with coupons to include with each payment. You can also download a Payment Coupon from our forms page to include with your payment.
*You must hold your units for at least two calendar years (and Custom Monthly Plans must be paid in full) before you can use them. The unit price contains a premium over current tuition so you should plan to hold your units for at least six years before use in order to realize financial gain.
**The 5.5% finance charge is based on the total cost of contracted units and is compounded annually over the life of the contract. Finance charges have been factored into Custom Monthly Plan payment amounts and are not reduced if the contract is paid off early. Total finance charges may be reduced by shortening the term length or by reducing the number of units in the contract. For more information about the Custom Monthly Plan and the monthly payment components, please review the GET Program Details Booklet.
Enroll in DreamAhead year-round.
Know Your Investment Options
The DreamAhead College Investment Plan offers three different ways to invest the money you save for college:
- Year of Enrollment portfolios use the beneficiary’s approximate year of enrollment in college to automatically adjust fund allocations over time. This means that the closer the beneficiary gets to the year of enrollment, the more conservative the portfolio’s allocation will become. Each Year of Enrollment portfolio can be customized to your risk tolerance.
- Static portfolios allow you to invest in specific funds based on your risk tolerance. Static investments don’t change allocations on their own, so it’s a good idea to review your selection over time.
- Adding to multiple portfolios is ideal for more advanced investors or for those who want to have more control over their investments. This option allows you to contribute to any combination of the Year of Enrollment and/or Static portfolios. For example, if a beneficiary plans on attending undergraduate and graduate school, you could contribute to two different Year of Enrollment portfolios to maximize the time before they enroll in each school.
Don’t know how much you need to save?
Use this handy college cost calculator to get an idea.