Do you need to make changes to your account? Whether you need to change your contact information, add people to your account, transfer units from one account to another, or select a new benefit use year, it’s easy to submit these changes online by logging in to your GET account.
- Convert my Custom Monthly to a Lump Sum Plan: You may convert your existing Custom Monthly Payment Plan to a Lump Sum Plan by completing the Account Change Request form (found on our Forms page). Once you make this change you will not be able to keep the locked in unit price. All prior payments received will be applied at the rate that was in effect when the payment was received. You may continue to make Lump Sum contributions, but they will purchase units at the current unit price when your payment is received. If you decide you want a Custom Monthly Plan later you will need to open a new Custom Monthly Plan during an open enrollment period, if available. The Custom Monthly Payment option is unavailable to new purchasers during the 2022-23 Enrollment Period.*
- Reduce Terms: To reduce the term length of your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form (found on our Forms page). Please be advised that this will typically cause a balance owing to bring your account current. Call the GET Contact Center at 800.955.2318 to receive more detailed information and discuss options for your account.
- Reduce Units: To reduce the unit amount on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form (found on our Forms page). You may reduce your contract in 50 unit increments. Once you reduce the number of units in your contract you may not increase it back to your original amount. You may open a new Custom Monthly account during any open enrollment period, if available (not available during the 2022-23 enrollment period.)*
- Increase Units in my Custom Monthly Plan: If you have a Custom Monthly Plan that was opened during a previous enrollment period, you do not have the option to increase the units in your contract. However, you can always add Lump Sum units to your account.
- If you have a Lump Sum Plan and you’d like to add a Custom Monthly Plan, this option is currently unavailable. The Custom Monthly Payment option is unavailable to new purchasers during the 2022-23 Enrollment Period.*
- Increase Terms: To increase the term length on your contract, please complete the Account Change Request form (found on our Forms page). Please be advised that this may cause your account to be paid ahead. Call Customer Service for more detailed information.
- Request a Refund: In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy for details. You may submit a notarized Refund/Cancellation Request form (found on our Forms page) to: GET Program, PO BOX 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Please call our Contact Center to hear other options for your account.
To transfer units from one student to another, please complete the Transfer Request form (available on the forms page). The Transfer Request form must be notarized and mailed to GET Program, PO Box 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450.
- Please note: 800 units is the lifetime maximum for each student.
- To transfer units from a non-paid in full Custom Monthly Plan, please complete the Student Beneficiary Change form (available on the forms page).
- Note: If you are transferring units to an account with a different owner, this form must be notarized.
- Lump Sum units may be transferred at any time but must meet the two-year wait before they are eligible for use.
- Add Additional Lump Sum Units: You may add to your Lump Sum Plan at any time with the following payment options: 1) Send a payment coupon 2) Set up or change your Automatic Monthly Bank Withdrawal (ACH) 3) Set up or change your payroll deduction 4) Make an online payment through US Bank by logging into your GET account. Please note, you must hold all GET Units for at least two calendar years before they are eligible for use.
- Add a Custom Monthly Plan: You may do this by submitting a new application during open enrollment, if available. The Custom Monthly Payment option is unavailable to new purchasers during the 2022-23 Enrollment Period.*
- Request a Refund: In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy (available on the Forms page) for details. You may submit a notarized Refund Request form (found on our Forms page) to GET Program, PO BOX 43450, Olympia, WA 98504-3450. Please call our Contact Center to hear other options for your account or for more detailed information.
If your student is starting college sooner than expected, please change their Benefit Use Year by signing in to your online account and clicking the Edit button next to the Benefit Use Year on the right side of your screen. Be advised that your units must be eligible for use, i.e. your Custom Monthly plan must be paid in full and/or your Lump Sum units must be at least two years old. Please keep in mind that the longer the units are held in your account the more beneficial it will be.
All cancellations and refunds are made according to Washington State law (RCW 28B.95.110) and GET Program policies.
In general, you can request a refund after you've held your units for at least two calendar years, with some exceptions. Review our Refund and Cancellation policy (available on the Forms page) for details.
Circumstances requiring a two-year wait
- Scholarship: If your student receives a scholarship, you can use your GET account for other qualified higher education expenses, transfer the units to another family member, or request a refund equal to the value of the scholarship (up to 150 units per year).
- Graduation or program completion: If your student has remaining units in a GET account upon graduation, you can transfer those units to another family member or request a refund.
- Non-attendance: If your student decides not to attend college, you can transfer units to another family member, hold the units in the account for up to 10 years, or request a refund.
Are you having trouble logging in to see your GET account?
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot your problem:
- If you have already converted to the new login process, consider the following:
- Make sure you are using the correct email address as your Login ID
- If you forgot your password, try the Password Recovery option.
- After you create your Login ID and Password, to confirm it you need to log in the first time through the confirmation link we sent to your email.
- If you didn't receive an email with a confirmation link, check to see if it's in your spam folder.
- If you have not logged in since July 2009, we have changed the way you access your account. If you are using the Account Owner's SSN (Login information is linked to the account owner, not the student):
- You will need to go through the process of changing your login information. To do so, just follow the onscreen directions.
- Confirm your email address. This is your new Login ID. Please note that each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- Your password must be a minimum of seven characters and must include a special symbol (ex: ! % &).
Are you trying to open a new GET account?
- Did you enter the Account Owner's information?
- Are you getting an error that the email address you entered is already in use?
- First, try using another email address.
- If you are unable to proceed because the email is already in use, or if you made an error setting up the Account Owner, call Customer Service at 1.800.955.2318. Remember that each Account Owner needs a separate and unique email address.
- If you are unable to open an account online, you can complete and return a paper enrollment form (found on our forms page).
Paper enrollment forms and payments should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 84824
Seattle, WA 98124-6124
Enrollment forms may also be sent by fax to 360.704.6200, or scanned and emailed to GETInfo@wsac.wa.gov.
*Visit the 2022 GET Program Adjustments page for important details.
For more complex account changes, such as transferring account ownership (which requires notarization) you can visit our Forms page. For additional support, please call our Contact Center Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 800.955.2318 or email email@example.com.
It’s easy to make changes online by signing in to your account.
- To make changes to your address, password or email, sign in and go to your Profile.
- To change the beneficiary, successor owner or other account information, navigate to your account and click the Settings tab.
- For investments changes, go to the Investments tab to make updates.
If you don’t have an online account, you can send in a form requesting changes to your account.
If you need additional help, you can always contact customer service.