Webinars and the WA529 Knowledge Cafe
The WA529 Knowledge Cafe is our virtual learning center, where you can attend our webinars to learn about the Washington College Savings Plans (the GET Program and DreamAhead Plan), ask questions and gather resources that support educational goals. Can't attend a full webinar? Drop in on one of the "monthly meet-ups" to ask questions. A WA529 representative will be available to help.
All webinars and virtual meetings are free and open to the public. See topics below and click the date to register.
WA529 Basics – Get to know the GET Program and DreamAhead Plan
WA529 in the Workplace - Support Employee Financial Wellness with WA529 Resources for the Workplace
Give the Gift of College - Tips and Tools for Gifting and Contributing to a WA529 Plan
Accessing Your 529 Plan and Paying for Expenses
WA529 Meet-Up for Questions
WA529 Basics - GET to Know the GET Program and DreamAhead Plan
November 18, 2020
- How GET and DreamAhead work
- How easy it is to open and use a 529 account to plan ahead for future education expenses
- How saving with GET or DreamAhead can save you thousands versus student loans
- Most frequently asked questions
529 Plans and Financial Aid - Learn the Basics
September 21, 2020
A Financial Planners View of Saving for College and 529 Plans
August 25, 2020
GET Account Owners: Making Changes to a Custom Monthly Plan
May 6, 2020
- Reducing custom monthly units on the current contract.
- Extending the custom monthly contract payments.
- Converting the custom monthly plan to a lump sum plan.
Infographics and Presentations
- Roadmap For Their Future
529 College Savings Plans created this handy guide parents can use to minimize a child's future reliance on student loans.
- Top 10 FAQs
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about the GET Program.
- WA529 Basic Presentation
Presentation that gives a general overview of GET, DreamAhead, and other college savings options.
- Your Education Guide from Diapers to Diploma - Infographic (PDF)
- The State of Higher Education in Washington - Infographic