Guarantee Your Child's College Savings!
2020-21 Enrollment Period is open through May 31, 2021.
- Guaranteed to keep pace with in-state tuition costs.
- Get tax-free growth and withdrawals when using your account to pay for qualified higher education expenses.
- Use GET at colleges nationwide and even in other countries.
- Pay no enrollment fee when enrolling online
($50 enrollment fee charged for paper applications)
It's Fast and Easy to Start Your GET 529 College Savings Account
When you choose GET for your college savings, you're choosing a safe and secure way to help your children achieve their dreams. Learn more about how GET works and take a minute to check out the information below. When you're ready, click the "Open an Account" button during our open enrollment period (November 1 through May 31).
- Gather the following information:
- Account owner’s name, address, and Social Security number
- Beneficiary’s name, address, Social Security number and date of birth
- Designated survivor’s name, address and Social Security number
- Information about other individuals you wish to access the account
- Information about the bank account you wish to use for initial and ongoing contributions
- Review the GET Enrollment Guide and the Program Details Booklet. This includes the Master Agreement, which acts as your contract with GET.
- Familiarize yourself with the different plan options available. You can choose to make pay-as-you go lump sum payments, set up a customizable monthly payment plan or do both.
- If you plan to enroll using a paper form, be prepared to pay a non-refundable $50 enrollment fee for each account opened. If you open your account online, you will not be charged an enrollment fee. Likewise, if you open two accounts for students with the same address, you will be exempt from enrollment fees for any additional accounts opened for students with that same address.
- Note that you must hold all GET units for two years before use, but we recommend holding them for several years, as it will take time to see growth in your account.
- Know these important dates:
- November 1, 2020: Enrollment open with a unit price of $133.
- May 31, 2021: All new enrollments and Custom Monthly Account setups must be completed by Midnight (Pacific Time) the night of May 31.
- June 25, 2021: The last day to add lump sum units to your account at the 2020-2021 unit price. All payments must be received in the GET office by this date to ensure your payment buys units at the current $133 price.
Start Saving Today!
Enrollment is open year-round.
You can set up an account with as little as $25 and your email address.
Make sure you have the basic information including your name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number. You will also need this same information for the beneficiary.
After you confirm your information, you can:
- Set a goal
- Connect a bank
- Choose an investment option
- And add money to your account
Open an Account
Meet our plan manager before you open an account
Sumday Administration, LLC is our plan manager. We collaborated with them to give you a secure, online way to open and manage your DreamAhead College Investment Plan account. Their intuitive online platform makes it easy to add or withdraw money, and keep an eye on your 529 account. Sumday, a BNY Mellon company, is affiliated with one of the world’s largest financial institutions, The Bank of New York Mellon.